Symantec has today released the first beta version of Norton Antivirus & Internet Security 2012. Both the betas are available for public testing from the Norton Beta Center, but require free registration. Once you register for Norton Antivirus/INS Beta, a trial product key (14-days) is sent to your email address. If you want to extend your trial subscription, register again – You will receive a new trial license that will extend your subscription by 14 days. You can continue this process as long as you want, until the final version is released.
Key Features of Norton 2012 Beta :
- Norton Protection System includes 4 layers of rock-solid protection designed to proactively protect against the very latest threats – so you can do more on your PC without disruptions.
- Customizable Control Center gives you the option to choose your preference between a simplified screen or the traditional detailed view.
- Identity Safe alerts have moved to the Norton Toolbar so there are less interruptions while you are online – but your passwords are still as secure as ever.
- Bandwidth Management limits Norton’s processes and updates when you have limited bandwidth or monthly downloads.
- Download Insight 2.0 now tells you how stable a download is before you put your computer at risk for crashes or other bad things to happen.
- Norton Recovery Tools help remove threats that can be deeply buried in a PC’s operating system.