Bitdefender Total Security, which is the company’s flagship product, combines the power of Bitdefender Antivirus and Bitdefender Internet Suite to provide the best high-end security to home users. Bitdefender Total Security 2013 now features streamlined installation and requires half the time to install compared to the previous editions. The interface is still the same as the last year’s 2012 edition. New tools included in Total Security 2013 include SafePay, a virtualized browser that protects credit card details when you are shopping or banking online. New version of cloud-based Safebox allows you to backup, share and synchronize files between your PCs (such as desktop and laptop). Other new and improved features in the 2013 suite are listed below.
New features in Bitdefender Total Security 2013:
- Autopilot: Autopilot provides a hassle-free experience by making optimal security-related decisions without input from you. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, nothing to configure.
- Scan Dispatcher: The Scan Dispatcher finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of your entire system. This way BitDefender does not interfere with user-initiated actions and does not impact system responsiveness.
- Rescue Mode: If e-threats, such as rootkits, cannot be removed from within the Windows operating system, the computer is re-booted in Rescue mode a trusted environment which is then used for cleanup and restoration.
- Online Backup: The updated Online Backup monitors your important files and instantly backs them up to a secure remote server whenever a change is detected. BitDefender Total Security comes with 2GB of free storage.
- Social Networking protection: BitDefender prevents social-networking specific e-threats by scanning the links you receive from your Facebook and Twitter friends, monitoring your privacy settings, and much more.
- Flexible interface: Drag and drop modules to get quick access to the actions you perform most often directly from the main window.
The special extended trial uses an online installer that automatically activates Total Security for 90 days. Please note that installation may take a long time if you have a slow internet connection as the online installer downloads files more than 240 MB in size. Download the online installer using the following direct link:
Download Bitdefender Total Security 2013: Bitdefender_TSecurity.exe