Last month Kaspersky released the public beta of their new protection suites – Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 & Kaspersky Interenet Security 2011. Now they have released the final version of both the protection suites. Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2011 comes with a complete new GUI and a new sidebar gadget. Both the products includes a lot of new features.
New Features in Kaspersky Antivirus & Internet Security 2011 :
- New! Kaspersky Gadget for the Users of Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows 7 which displays the computer protection state and allows scanning objects for threats.
- New! System Watcher a new protection component analyzes file, registry, system and network activities on the computer, while collecting information about events detected by other protection components.
- If any dangerous activity in the system is detected by Proactive Defense or File Anti-Virus (or in the course of virus scan), System Watcher rolls back the actions that have been performed by malicious programs.
- System Watcher contains patterns of dangerous activity (BSS). Those patterns allows detecting both dangerous and suspicious activities on the computer. If any suspicious activity in the system is detected based on the patterns (or by Proactive Defense), a notification with information about the event is displayed on the screen.
- A new technology, which has been designed to run tasks on an idle computer, allows performing resource-intensive tasks, such as automatic update, scan of system memory, and scan of objects for rootkits, while the computer is turned on but remains idle.
- To improve reliability of the application, it provides protection against interception of DNS requests and substitution of network node addresses.
- In addition to HTTP traffic scan, Web Anti-Virus also scans FTP traffic now.
- Now you can quickly switch from Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 to Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 without setup file download and operating system restart. You can switch to the trial version of Kaspersky Internet Security, or immediately proceed to using the commercial version activation code.
New Features only available in Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 :
- New! Sandbox technology uses virtualization methods to create a safe environment for running applications (Safe Run for Applications) and has been significantly improved. The application now features the option to run suspicious applications on a dedicated virtual desktop, which ensures reliable protection of the operating system. Safe Run for Websites (safe browser), which protects data being entered by the user, has been implemented to allow handling websites that require entering confidential information.
- Online Banking identifies banking websites and allows the user to switch to Safe Run for Websites, which has been designed to handle this sort of web resources.
- Safe Surf consists of previously implemented Kaspersky URL Advisor enhanced with a new mode of blocking websites with high threat rating calculated by Kaspersky Lab. When this mode is enabled, access to dangerous websites will be blocked. When viewing unknown websites, the component will offer the user to switch to Safe Run for Websites.
- Geo Filter lets you block or allow access to regional domains depending on their infection level.
- A new technology named Wisdom of the Crowd has been implemented; it provides information about applications usage frequency and data on trust group distribution among the participants of the Kaspersky Security Network service. This information allows making a weighed decision when assigning a trust status to a new application.