Back up is a necessity for business, organization and even a home user. To keep your data safe you need to make regular backups of your important files and it can be a headache. Only a few applications can do the job effortlessly and EASEUS Todo Backup is one of them.
With EASEUS Todo Backup, you can back up your important files, directories, partitions, or even an entire system – including drives, data, and settings. Newly introduced features in version 2.5 like incremental backup takes back up to the next level, it runs in the background at the scheduled time and automatically saves changes made to your files or partition to your backup image. Moreover, now you can also backup network-shared files and run back up on a system event (startup, shutdown, logon, and logoff)
EASEUS Todo Backup comes with a very intuitive, wizard like interface. Once started, the program shows four different options to the user: Backup, Recovery, Schedule backup, and Clone.
This option when chosen displays two more additional backup options: Disk & Partition Backup and File Backup. The Disk & Partition Backup option can back up your entire system including your operating system, installed application, data, settings, and all. You can also use this option to back up only a particular drive. File Backup on the other hand is useful when you want to back up only your personal files like documents, music, pictures, etc.
During the backup wizard, you can also select the following additional options:
- Compression – Compress your backup file, you can also select the level of compression: normal, medium, or high.
- Password – Encrypt your backup file with AES 128, AES 192, or AES 256 encryption.
- Splitting – Automatically split your large back up file into small parts. (Useful when you are saving your backup in an ftp server)
- Priority – Select the backup priority level – normal, medium, or high.
- Notification – Receive email notifications when backup is successful or unsuccessful.
- Offsite Copy – Backup on a remote FTP server.
- Speed – Limit remote backup speed.
This option recovers your files or entire system with just a couple of clicks. All you have to do is select the type of recovery – Disk and Partition Recovery or File Recovery and select the backup image to start the recovery process.
This option allows you run your backup on a specific time or period. There are two different types of schedule back up: incremental and full file backup. Incremental backup only saves new or modified files, while full backup always saves the entire copy of the selected file/drive. You can schedule your backup to run on a daily, weekly, monthly, or on an event basis.
Disk cloning lets you to clone an entire hard drive or partition to a new location. This feature is especially helpful in situations where you want to transfer your OS and settings from an old hard drive to a new hard drive. It creates an exact same copy of your old drive/partition, which means not only data but also free space sectors are sorted in the exact same manner.
EASEUS Todo Backup provides a bunch of additional tools that helps you to manage your backup. The tools menu will provide the following options:
- Check Image: Verify the integrity of your backup image.
- Bootable Image Builder: Create a bootable EASEUS disk on a removable media like CD, DVD, or USB. In case your PC is unbootable due to damage or virus infection, you can then use the EASEUS bootable media to recover your backup.
- Disk Tools: Clone a disk/partition or permanently delete sensitive data from your hard drive.
- Mount Image: Lets you to mount a backup image on a virtual drive and view the contents of your backup.
Download the full version of
EASEUS Todo Backup Professional 2.5 [69.4 MB] This giveaway offer has ended.
Note: This giveaway will expire on 18 June 2011.