The removal of Apples support for Google Voice clients in the last year caused quite a stir among its active users.However, this year the web community can celebrate the triumphant return of GV Connect, a third party Google voice app for iPhones and iPods in the AppStore.Developed by Andreas Amann, GV connect is a native app capable of interacting directly with Google voice accounts.The app possesses a sleek interface and includes all features sought in any unofficial Google voice app.
Below is a list of few notable features in GV Connect :
- Users can completely substitute their phone number with their Google voice number while making a call or sending and receiving text messages.
- Voice mails and recorded conversations can be heard right on the Apple iPhones with all the necessary options like pausing or forwarding.
- There is full opportunity of marking messages,attaching notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations.
- Change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb, message notifications, …) directly from within the application.
- The contacts can be directly used from the phone without synchronizing them with Google.
- Direct communication with Google Voice website removes the intervention of any third party.
- Full support for fast app switching in iOS4 and high-resolution graphics for retina displays.
The return of Google Voice apps seem to be very promising to pave the way for other apps to return to the store which have been axed earlier. Users can now download the fully featured app, GV Connect from the Apple App Store for $2.99.