Files deleted by the operating system can be recovered. Deleting files in reality just makes the data unreadable to the operating system. The old data actually still resides in the free space recovered from deleting the data. Unless, the free space is re-written by new data the old data can be easily recovered with data recovery software. So in short, Windows method of deleting files is not secure. O&O SafeErase is an application that specializes in data deletion. It uses internationally recognized methods to make sure that deleted data stays “deleted” and recovery is impossible.
O&O SafeErase includes an analysis module that automatically scans your computer for temporary internet files, program files and unsecured deleted files. After the analysis, these files can be removed with a single click. Previous unsafe file deletions can also be secured by using the free space module, which wipes the free disk space with its unique erase algorithm.
File and folders can be securely deleted by manually adding them using the file browser, drag and drop is not supported. If you are selling your computer, you can securely wipe out complete drives by using the hard disk partition or entire computer module.
- Securely move files and folders
- Six methods to SafeErase sensitive data
- Complete integration into Windows Explorer
- Detailed reports as prove of deletion
- Speed optimization of deletion processes
- Analysis tool to search for unsafe deleted files
- Adapted deletion method for SSDs (TRIM)
- Enhanced report and activity management
- Enhanced command processing via command line
Visit the Offer Page (German) and enter your valid email address to receive your free license key of O&O SafeErase 6.