Comodo TrustConnect creates a virtual private network (VPN) to protect your privacy when you are surfing the web. The program supports both wired and wireless connections and can be used even when you are using a public Wifi access point. All communications between the host and remote computer is encrypted with industry based 128-bit encryption – which keeps your confidential information hidden from cyber criminals. Whether you are just surfing the web, emailing, shopping, or banking, TrustConnect protects your privacy at all times.
- Mac OS X
- Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Linux (containing kernel 2.4 or later)
Comodo TrustConnect Free provides you with 10 GB of monthly traffic. The paid version provides you with unlimited traffic and costs $8.99/month. Apart from that, here are some of the key differences between the paid and free version:
- Location services are not available to free users (i.e. users are not able to select which server they connect to in ‘Advanced Options’)
- Free service features small banner adverts
- Free service does not allow certain protocols to be used. These include FTP, SMTP, NNTP and NTP ( note – POP3 and IMAP protocols ARE allowed, so you can check online mail accounts like Gmail or Yahoo mail. Instant Messengers such as MSN and ICQ can also be used)
- Certain other protocols such as ftp, smtp, nntp and ntp are also blocked
- The proprietary TrustConnect client for RedHat and Ubuntu Linux distributions is not available for free users. Users are, of course, free to use the OpenVPN client to configure the service.