Google, the internet giant, has announced the stable version of Chrome 8 (build no – 8.0.552.215). The new release contains more than 800 bug fixes and stability improvements. Besides, it also includes new features like built-in support for Chrome Web Store and a built-in PDF viewer that is secured in Chrome’s sandbox.
- Possible pop-up blocker bypass.
- Cross-origin video theft with canvas.
- Browser crash with HTML5 databases.
- Prevent excessive file dialogs, possibly leading to browser crash.
- Use after free in history handling.
- Browser crash with HTTP proxy authentication
- Out-of-bounds read regression in WebM video support.
- Crash due to bad indexing with malformed video.
- Possible browser memory corruption via malicious privileged extension.
- Use after free with SVG animations.
- Use after free in mouse dragging event handling.
- Double free in XPath handling.