Today Microsoft has officially announced the first service pack for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The new service pack is available to everyone and can be installed in three different ways.
Windows Update Service– This is the simplest and easiest way to install SP1, it only installs the new updates and features which were previously not downloaded. Single installable update – Intended for users without internet connection, the update size is much larger when compared to windows update service-537MB for x86 users, and 903MB for x64 users. Patchable DVD – a free windows 7 SP1 patchable DVD from Microsoft (available in US & Canada only).
Besides, previously released 799 bug fixes and security fixes, service pack 1 includes the following new features and improvements.
- Additional support for communication with third-party federation services
- Improved HDMI audio device performance
- Corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents
- Change to behavior of “Restore previous folders at logon” functionality
- Enhanced support for additional identities in RRAS and IPsec
- Support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
- Improved Support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices
Download Windows 7 SP-1 32-Bit (x86) [537 MB]
Download Windows 7 SP-1 64-Bit (x64) [903 MB]
Order Win 7 SP1 English Patch DVD (US & Canada Only)