WinRAR, the most popular and powerful compression tool available for Windows, has been updated to version 4. WinRAR supports all popular compression formats including RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2 and 7-Zip. The new version brings a lot of improvements in speed, compression and encryption support for archives.
1. Better RAR decompression. Depending on data type, decompression can be up to 30% faster.
2. Better ISO Support : UDF support is upgraded to UDF 2.50 revision
3. Better Password management and encryption: New “Show Password” option available during extracting. New “Use for all archives” option can apply the same password to multiple archives.
4. The total operation progress can be viewed directly on WinRAR icon on Windows taskbar. (only available in Windows 7)
5. Numerous Unicode support improvements allow to process non-Englishfile names more smoothly
6. New “Extract relative paths” option in “Advanced” part of extraction dialog.
7. Recovery volume processing involves less disk seek operations resulting in higher performance.