As you may already know, Microsoft does not support upgrading a Windows XP System to Windows 7 or a Windows Vista 32-bit system to Windows 7 64-bit. In such scenarios, you have to perform a clean install where you have to transfer files, re-install every application, and driver that was in your old system. Luckily, with Laplink PC Mover you do not have to do any of that as the application performs everything that is possible with a direct upgrade.
Laplink PC Mover transfers your files, folders, settings, and applications to your upgraded operating system. It comes with a wizard driven interface that guides you through the whole process and allows you to select the files, folders, and apps you want to have in the upgraded system. What makes it more pleasant is that it does all this without the help of external storage and media. If you are familiar with windows upgrade, you must know that certain apps have the tendency to ask for CD and serial number after upgrade. With Laplink PC Mover, there is a faint chance of that happening.
- Select applications you want to migrate
- Choose user profile
- Pick files and folders to transfer
- Wizard-based interface
- In-place upgrade
- Restore old PC image to new operating system
Laplink is celebrating its 29-year anniversary by giving away full version copies of Laplink PC Mover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant (worth $29). The giveaway is only valid for today (24 hours). To grab your free copy:
- Access your account page and login to your account. [New users create a new account then login]
- After you have successfully logged in, access this promotion page.
- Click on the “Finish” button to get your free serial number and download links.