Microsoft is yet to release the consumer retail of the new Office 2013 productivity suite. The good news is a two-month free evaluation of Office Professional Plus 2013 suite is now available. Professional Plus 2013 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Lync. The new suite has been optimized for Windows 8, featuring a touch friendly interface.
If you would like to test the new suite before you buy, then follow these steps:
- Visit the TechNet download page
- Click on the “Get Started Now” button
- Sign In to your Microsoft email address. (MSN, Live, Hotmail, etc…)
- Enter your personal information and select the appropriate options. Make sure you select the version of Office (32-bit or 64-bit) that corresponds to your version of Windows
- Print or save your product key. Select the language you want to download, and then click on the “Download” button.
- The downloaded file is in IMG format, which is a disk image format. On Windows 8, right click on the file and select “Mount” to view the contents of the file. If you are using Windows 7, you will need a program like DAEMON Tools to accomplish the same thing. Also, note that Office 2013 only supports Windows 8 and 7.