Dropbox is an application that allows file synchronizations on different computers and mobile devices . The files that are synced to the cloud are available to a large number of devices including Blackberry, Android and iOS smartphones. The application is supported on all Blackberry smartphones running OS 4.5 or later. Dropbox’s Blackberry application has been recently updated to version 1.0.34 which offers a bunch of bugfixes.
The issues that are claimed to be resolved in this version include :
• saving non-ascii texts results in garbled text
• handling of edge cases when running out of space on sd card and in device memory
• open-edit-upload usecase wasn’t working for devices with encryption enabled
• share link freezes for some users
• open-edit-upload usecase fails for files with non-ascii filenames
• “would you like to allow logging” dialog shouldn’t appear on first launch
• on rotatable devices, in image gallery, the displayed/cached image is smaller than screen size (shouldn’t happen)
• app should ask for permissions in advance on first launch
• app should support multiple third-party app associations for a given file type (e.g multiple pdf viewers)
• music/video stops when screen fades out
• user gets a “not enough room to write file” message when trying to open a file that’s already open in docs2go
The new update can be downloaded by visiting dropbox.com/blackberry/download/forums from the Blackberry browser.