Digital photography lovers would want every image to be perfect, which is what ACDSee Pro aims to achieve. The program can view, edit, organize, and upload images directly from the interface. It includes five different modes divided in tabs: manage, view, develop, edit, and online. By default, the program launches in the manage mode where you can explore images and folders with thumbnails. You can also filter, sort, group, and select images with additional options. Larger image previews can be displayed by hovering over the mouse pointer on any of the image thumbnails. You can double click on any image to launch the viewing mode.
In the viewing mode, you are provided tools to enlarge, rotate, and view the image collection as slideshow. The slideshow tool allows you to set delay time between slides, switch loop, shuffle, and add background music.
You can launch the edit mode straight from the viewing mode by just switching tabs. Editing mode includes many tools to optimize images. We are not going to explain the tools in this short review, but instead list the tools that will give you a slight idea of the editing capabilities of ACDSee Pro. The editing mode consists of the following tools, selection (freehand lasso, magic wand, marquee), red eye reduction, repair, watermark, special effects, shape draw, exposure, light balance, color balance (white balance, color balance, split tone), and detail (sharpen, blur, noise).
The develop mode is similar to the edit mode, but instead uses RAW image data to make preliminary adjustments and maximize image quality.
The online mode allows you to upload and share images using ACDSee Pro’s cloud server. Only 2GB of free space is provided, but you can expand this space to up to 100GB for $199 per year.
The latest version 7 of ACDSee Pro is priced at $199.99. Software-choice is giving away the older version 5 of ACDSee Pro, completely free. To get your free license, follow these steps:
- Visit the registration page.
- Enter the required details and submit.
- You will receive an email from [email protected] with your free unlock code. Copy the unlock code. (This is not the license key and cannot be used to activate the program.)
- Login to your existing ACDSEE account OR create a new account and then login.
- Click on the “Activate/Unlock” button.
- Paste the unlock code and hit continue.
- Your free license code will be displayed. Copy the code.
- Download the ACDSee Program installer (English): acdseepro-5-3-168-en.exe [69 MB]
- Install and use the free license code to activate.